Gold Standard DAO — NFT Launch
What is an NFT?
NFT stands for “Non-Fungible Token.”, an NFT is a digital asset that links ownership to unique physical or digital items, such as works of art, real estate, music, or videos.
NFTs can be considered modern-day collectibles. They’re bought and sold online and represent a digital proof of ownership of any given item. NFTs are securely recorded on a Blockchain which ensures the asset is one-of-a-kind. The technology can also make it difficult to alter or counterfeit NFTs.
NFTs backed by Gold
As part of the Gold Standard ecosystem, the protocol protocol is launching soon its own collection of NFTs backed by gold.
The design of the first series of NFTs will be gold masks. Masks give an identity to a world of users that have none, without revealing their face.
Down the track, will get quotes from real world sculptures on creating the masks in real world, the quotes will be sold as NFT power ups.
If you purchase the quote NFT you can redeem it and actually mint your mask in real life with serial numbers engraved.
- The 1st series of NFTs will be golden masks, each individually designed and 1 of 1.
- To purchase a golden exclusive mask, users will need to pay with GSD.
- Once masks have been bought, they will be assigned the rights from the GSD used to purchase the mask with.
- Users will then stake their golden masks with the Gold Standard platform to earn fees from their masks.
- Since GSD is the governance token of the platform and supply is limited, masks with earning power will represent a position in the DAO.
- Total release: 7 custom designed, 1 of 1 golden masks.
How to buy Gold NFTs?
- Purchase method: GSD.
- Where to buy: The Gold Standard platform.
- Which network will they be sold on: Avalanche
Allocation of Earning from minting:
Earning from minting will be to the treasury of the protocol governed by the DAO. Similar to other protocol fees, 5% of earning will be distributed to those who staked our governance token ($GSD).
Allocation of Earning from the Secondary Market
After the mint the collection will be tradable at NFT marketplaces with a 5% royalty fee. The allocation of earnings from the secondary market will be allocated to the treasury with 5% distributed to those who staked $GSD.
Backed by real Gold
Physical item vaulted and accessible
Linked to GSD tokens (governance token): Voting powers & earn protocol fees.
First week after launch of our new platform, the first NFT will be announced and sold through the Gold Standard platform.